Username Remember Me?
Password   forgot password?

Sdimage() : Possibility to fix image export (and add legend for classes) ? 
Posted: 12 February 2016 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Novice
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2014-04-16

Hi Pavel,

I really like sdimage() function and how it eases labelization of pixels and visualization of classification results.

Nevertheless, I think that some improvements could be done to this tool, for example :
- giving the user the ability to zoom on areas of the image (especially for really big hyperspectral images, where it can be slow and hard to select the right area)
NB: for now, I think that the image systematically fit the windows size
- allowing the user to properly export the image (.png, .tif,etc.), with the different layers, proper labels colors and transparency chosen + the possibility to add a legend for labels (classes or decisions). I think it is still a little bit buggy currently and the visualization is not properly exported (print screen is still what works the best for me, but it may be because I use Matlab2013)

Cheers,

Pierre

Posted: 19 February 2016 03:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  356
Joined  2008-04-26

Hi Pierre,

thanks for your feedback. Yes, we are aware of the limitations. The good news is that perClass 4.8 will bring zoom and legend to sdimage!
You can use standard Matlab zoom/pan buttons at the toolbar or +/- keystrokes that are faster as you don’t need to leave the standard mode.

The legend is also supported and that means that you can use standard print command to save a figure.

You can check it out - we have wrapped-up the pre-release of the toolbox.
You can download it from the customer center. Just add your license file to the perclass directory and use sdimage as usual.

Quick animation: http://perclass.com/downloads/pre-release/sdimage_4.8-rc1.gif

We’re still testing it and there are some rough edges. If you find any, please just let us know.
Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Pavel